- Magic and magic items are rare. Some items are sold to the general public (non-military items).
- Military magic items do exist.
- Non-magical effect items, or alchemical items, can be bought from street vendors. Quality is suspect, and should be verified. Many states verify the goods of these alchemists with a stamp of approval that can be displayed in the vendor’s shop.
- Armories are not commonly found, and most blacksmiths do not work in armor. Armor smiths range from well-respected members of a community, sometimes provided for by the state to hack smiths working in bad conditions for a rich travelling merchant or a shadowy society.
- Weapon smiths are similarly rare, although almost any smith can be found to carry knives or other simple weapons or farm impliments. Crafters of more exotic weapons are rare, and are likely to only be found in Capitals or groups specific to the type.